At 03:20 PM 10/3/2012, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]> wrote:

b. Safety certification can be obtained with a nonfunctional product.


Are you sure about that? I doubt it.

"Safety certification" is according to codes that cover design. I very much doubt that specific safety codes exist for LENR devices; the certification obtained is very likely for the control systems. Will they burn up? Will the power short to the case? Stuff like that.

Rossi has successfully created the appearance of being a con artist. Some of his defenders think that he is doing this deliberately, to throw off would--be "snakes" who might otherwise try to imitate his work and steal his rights.


I think he is doing it deliberately, but that does not make me his "defender."

Okay, some random commentators think that. I've classified you as a "defender" because you think that he's not a fraud, per se. In the universe of relationships to Rossi, that's a "defender."

I think it is a stupid strategy. I think it will fail. Patterson had a similar strategy, for similar reasons. He deliberately made an unimpressive, crude demonstration. It failed to convince Motorola. I predicted it would fail when I saw it, and when he told me why it was so poorly constructed.


Rossi could quickly bypass all this by simply allowing independent verification of his claims. He hasn't done it.


He does not want to. That's what he says. I see no reason to doubt he means it. Patterson said exactly the same thing, for similar reasons.

I don't doubt you.

If Rossi sticks to this strategy I predict he will take his technology to the grave the way Patterson did. I see no way this strategy can succeed. If it begins to succeed the strategy will backfire and destroy any chance of success. That is what happened with Patterson, and I see it happening now with Rossi.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. The problem is that if you make yourself look like a fraud, that's how the world might end up viewing you. It's a weird sort of dishonesty, but it's still dishonest.



NiH is clearly a promising approach, worthy of continued investigation. But we should not shut down PdD research, because of the scientific implications. Knowing and understanding what is happening in PdD remains a crucial research goal, and it might apply to or elucidate what happens with NiH.


I agree. I think most researchers who continue to work with PdD would also agree.

Indeed. I can understand it if people want to focus on NiH. It's tempting. However, myself, I have a cabinet full of wire and other materials for SPAWAR type replications, heavy water, palladium chloride, etc. All dressed up with no place to go. So I'm going to use it.

Still, I also have some stainless steel yarn (12 micron wire, 2x275 strands) and it would be fun to use a nickel cathode with the stainless as an anode and see what it does to some LR-115 radiation detectors. Cheap experiment. I've having some suspicions.... how about some hot deuterons?

Reply via email to