At 04:05 PM 10/13/2012, Eric Walker wrote:
Abd, your comments prodded me to read Oriani's paper more closely and to dig around for Kowalski's attempted replication.  I see that there are several papers with Kowalski as author or coauthor that mention Oriani, and I wasn't sure which one you had in mind.  It might be [1], but in that one Kowalski concludes that electrolysis is the source of the tracks, although he does not find evidence for Oriani's claim of reproducibility.

Additional comments inline.