Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Answer: gain, but LOW gain - and remarkably consistent long -term low-gain.
> In other words, the new normal.

I am sorry but there is not the SLIGHTEST experimental evidence for this. I
may not understand advanced physics but one thing I do have is
semi-encyclopedic knowledge of experimental results. I know of many Ni-H
results with very high gains, and many with no input energy at all, both
electrochemical heat-after-death and gas loading by Mizuno and others.

It is true that some of Mills early eletrochemical experiments had a low
input to output ratio, but the non-electrochemical experiments worked too,
and the concept of a "ratio" in these experiments has no meaning. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GernertNnascenthyd.pdf

I repeat what I have said many times, which I do not think anyone has
challenged: the input power in a cold fusion experiment has no direct
causal relationship to the output. The ratio is a coincidence. Input can
easily by reduced. People do not reduce it because that is pointless and it
would interfere in the measurements. This is *not* a COP in any sense. Not
by the standards of science or engineering. There is no "production" or
amplification. You should ignore the input power.