Is not screwing with nature more than we have to, not polluting
indiscriminately, not interfering with a natural system more than we must
inherently the safer option?

If I were proposing some massive operation, some space shield or some
active solution you could have a point.

But you are suggesting it is safer to continue polluting and disrupting the
environment because we don't know enough and we will know better in the
future.

This does seem more like a contrived excuse to not rock the apple cart than
a genuine intelligent action.

John