Is the event horizon of a black hole considered an observer relative location?
We, who are at a very large distance relative to a black hole see the event
horizon as located a finite distance from the center of the star.  If another
observer happens to be closer to the same hole, does he detect it as somewhat
nearer to the center of the hole?

I have an interesting thought experiment that depends upon the answer to this
question.  My suspicion is that the perceived horizon location does depend upon
the exact location and most likely motion of the observer.  Has anyone had an
opportunity to actually calculate this effect?

Dave