  From: de Bivort Lawrence
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Birther Myth? or Lomax lies

  Your statements about nationality and about adoption and nationality are
incorrect.

  What is your evidence for Obama being "registered as a Muslim"?

  On Jan 1, 2013, at 1:11 AM, Jojo Jaro wrote:

    While what you are saying about Indonesian schools may be true today - I am
not knowledgeable about the current school system in Indonesia, so I will not
debate that.

    While that may be true, it surely wasn't true in the 70's when Obama went
there.  Records show he was registered in that school as a muslim.

    One more thing, he was adopted by an Indonesian muslim.  If he was adopted
to be an Indonesian, he would have automatically lost his U.S. citizenship and
gained Indonesian citizenship and automatically became a muslim.  In Indonesia,
you gain the religion of your adoptive father.  Indonesia does not have and
never had a "Dual Citizenship" program with the US.  Which means that he would
have had to reacquire his US citizenship when he reached 18.   He had to do
something to gain back his US citizenship.  Which automatically made him a
naturalized US citizen, not a Natural-Born US citizen required by our
constitution.

    One of my cousins was in the same boat and he was born about the same time
as Obama.  He was born in U.S. soil (New York) but his parents brought him back
to the Philippines.  By US law, as a minor, he has no official citizenship
status if there is a question as to his citizenship.  In my cousin's case, he
was born on US soil to Filipino parents.  Hence, his citizenship status was in
limbo, until he can make a decision when he turns 18.  He can choose to be
Filipino or US citizen.    When my cousin turned 18, he had to go to the US
Embassy to choose US citizen and get his papers (passport).  He is considered a
Naturalized US citizen.  A person that has to take action to gain US
citizenship is not a Natural Born US citizen.  This is the status of Obama even
if he was indeed born in Hawaii.  He would still be a Naturalized US citizen
and hence unqualified.

    So, as you can see, Obama is unqualified to be POTUS on many fronts.  The
argument about whether he was born in Hawaii or not is just one aspect of his
qualification (non-qualification) to be POTUS.

    In a free society like America, such questions about his qualifications
should have been vetted openly.  If there was even a hint as to his
qualifications, it should have been settled publicly and openly.  Why don't
people take this issue seriously.  Even if people think that his BC was
original and valid, people should still be calling for it to be settled once
and for all.  Open up the vault copy.  No other steps or half measures will do.
 Great controversies require great measures to settle.  Let the Birthers see it
and it they are wrong, you get the chance to humiliate them to your heart's
content.  If I am wrong about this, I'm sure I will have great shame and tuck
my tail between my legs and go away quietly.

    Jojo