My theory predicts that replication will only occur when the required gaps are made by nanomachining or growth of nanomaterials having the preformed required structure. All ordinary material makes cracks by a random process that is totally uncontrolled and unpredictable. Unfortunately, such machining requires money and skill that are not available to people in the field.

Ed