Sorry, I've only been skimming the posts in the thread. In the back of
my mind I've been wondering how the two space rocks
could be related even though they were headed in almost in opposite
directions. Your talk of spacebased kinetic energy weapons got me
thinking....If a space rock fragments from an explosion it could
result in two rocks moving in opposite directions. Alternatively, the
two space rocks and their trajectories could be the result of an
improbable collision in recent years.

Harry