Here is another experimental paper

  Enhancement of the Deuteron-Fusion Reactions in Metals and its
Experimental Implications

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0805.4538.pdf

A. Huke,1, * K. Czerski,2, 1 P. Heide,1 G. Rupre

ht,3, 1 N. Targosz,2 and W.  ebrowski2

1Institut für Optik und Atomare Physik, Technis

he Universität Berlin

Hardenbergstraÿe 36, 10623 Berlin, Germany

2Institute of Physics, University of Szczecin, Szcze

in, Poland

3TRIUMF, Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Recent measurements of the reaction 2H(d,p)3H in metallic environments at
very low energies performed by different experimental groups point to an
enhanced electron screening effect. However, the resulting screening
energies differ strongly for divers host metals and different experiments.

Here, we present new experimental results and investigations of interfering
processes in the irradiated targets