Ed,
        I will happily concede your point once the ash is found on a scale
approaching the energy released..but I was under the impression that to date
the amount of ash found in these anomalous heat claims has always been of
trivial amounts..am I wrong? perhaps they haven't looked hard enough but
perhaps also it just isn't there in sufficient quantity... what is your take on
the claims of cu ash for the Rossi device? If that ash is confirmed it would be
more of a transformation than fusion... My own theory remains ZPE even more so
now that radiation shielding has been eliminated from this latest experiment. I
think that like the MAHG the device exploits changes in state between H and H2
while diffusion is stimulated resulting in a discount of the disassociation
threshold that exceeds OU and tries to runaway- heat depleting the H2 reservoir
until diffusion outward allows cooling enough to reassociate.. and like the
MAHG very susceptible to self destruction. Whether just a bootstrap mechanism
to the nuclear processes others are suggesting or the predominate contributor I
remain undecided but I am convinced atomic forms of hydrogen recombining to
molecular forms are at the heart of this anomaly. Langmuir proved that this
procedure can even melt tungsten with arcing electrodes in open air [atomic
welding], and when you consider this happening inside a catalyst like Rayney
nickel or these Ni powders where resistive heating is used to bring the
molecules closer to disassociation... can almost see the runaway reaction as H2
reforms, giving off more heat then we used from resistors to disassociate .. My
theory being that diffusion through the catalyst region [tapestry of different
suppression values] discounts the disassociation level based on how different
the suppression level is from the level at which H2 molecule formed. Fractional
hydrogen or hydrinos or relativistic hydrogen or super catalytic action are all
names for this same effect.
Fran