Hi,
[snip]
>(I know you don't think there are fast particles -- this is something I'm
>still keeping tabs on and haven't convinced myself of yet.)

Neither have I.

I have a Geiger counter and a smoke alarm. When the detector is right in front
of the Am241 pellet it rapidly registers a high count. Put the detector behind
the PC board on which the circuit was built, but at a closer distance to the
pellet, and it registers nothing. So much for calculations showing that lots of
alpha particles would readily be detected.

(And these are 5 MeV alphas. The p-B11 reaction only produces alphas with less
than 3 MeV).
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk