I do not know why I bother but I went to the trouble to post a message here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markgibbs/2013/06/15/psstt-want-an-e-cat-lenr-generator-for-free/

The point I am making is so elementary it boggles my mind that anyone
overlooks it, or disagrees, but people often do. It reminds me of the
elementary logical fallacies that people have been making since ancient
times, and still make a million times a day, such as an appeal to the
consequence of a belief. I do not understand why they don't teach children
to avoid making these mistakes in third grade! I guess it is because adults
make them so often, especially politicians, pundits, business leaders and
other blowhards. See:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

My message:

Mary Yugo and others here claim that Rossi may be using some trick to fool
Levi et al. in their recently published paper, “Indication of anomalous
heat energy production in a reactor device containing hydrogen loaded
nickel powder.” Yugo has not specified what that trick might be. She admits
she does not know. That makes her assertion unscientific. That is, one that
cannot be tested or falsified. She and other critics say there might be a
method of fooling a wattmeter but they do not know what that method is, and
they cannot describe it. Such a method is functionally equivalent to a
configuration error. I think it is highly unlikely that a modern wattmeter
in the hands of experts would not catch an error that makes 900 W look like
300 W. Anyway, until you find an expert in electrical engineering who can
propose an actual method that can be checked for and either confirmed or
falsified, you have no case. The assertion that “there might be a hidden
trick” or “there might be an undiscovered error” applies equally well to
every experiment since Newton. It is an empty assertion; meaningless, and
unprovable.

(Some other critics claim they do know a method, but the methods they have
proposed would not work, mainly because the wires are exposed to measure
voltage.)

Yugo’s assertions about Rossi’s personality and his business are
irrelevant. However evil he may be, he has no magic ability to change the
performance of a commercial wattmeter, thermocouple, or an IR camera.
So-called sleight of hand techniques can only fool human observers, not
instruments.