On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, Millstone has apparently never heard of the second law of
> thermodynamics. He keeps insisting we can't be sure the heat originates
> from inside the cell because they measure the temperature at the outside
> wall. He said, quote:
>
> "The actual E-Cat, supposedly producing the 'excess' heat, was a separate
> cylinder inside the electric oven. The testers only observed the
> temperature of the outside of the oven.
>
> The fact that you [Jed] can’t get this simple fact right shows how sloppy
> and biased your comments are. . . ."

 Perhaps he is worried about fraud and imagines the Ecat is being heated
externally by infrared lasers or some other nefarious device.

> Very odd.
>
> I explained, but I doubt he understands:
>
> "Whatever was inside the oven has to be the source of anomalous heat. The
> oven as a whole was the hottest object in the room. Heat only goes from a
> hotter body to a cooler body. This is elementary thermodynamics. . . ."

Irrespective of fraud, he is technically right. We don't know what the
temperature is at the centre of the Ecat. The production of energy and the
transformation of the energy into heat do not have to occur in the same
place. For example if a bristle brush is spun inside a tube the walls the
tube will get hot from friction but the heat is not flowing from the centre
of the brush.

Harry