Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

> Nice post ... but I hear that only the Pig enjoys the mud-wrestling.

It is not addressed to Yugo. It is for the benefit of other readers. I
guess there will be readers who do not realize an assertion must be
falsifiable.

Yugo herself does not realize this. I have pointed it out to her many
times. It is like water off a duck's back. The message never gets through
at all. It isn't that she disagrees or that she is putting on an act to
fool other readers. She hasn't the slightest idea what this rule means, or
how it applies.

Several members of the 2004 DoE review panel made the same error, even
though they are professional scientists. Member numbers 3, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13
and 14 to be exact. For example, #6 wrote: "Exposing or disproving
experimental artifacts is far more difficult than generating them." That is
true, but until you expose an artifact, you have no valid reason to assert
that it exists.