Considering that nuclear plants in the US are designed around the idea of
EMP from nearby nuclear explosions not being able to stop them running, I
don't believe there is a problem. (From my father in law, who is a senior
reactor operator at Palo Verde, they have mechanical backups to completely
take a core down if need be. )