Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

Your view of history is completely distorted.

> The first person whose home blazed with electric light was J.P. Morgan,
> the man who really ran America.

As far as I know, the first person who home blazed with electric light was
Thomas Edison, when his living room caught on fire during a demonstration
for his investors. His wife moved the crowd into the dining room and put
out the flames. The first person whose house was brightly lit by
incandescent electric lights was Moses Farmer, in Boston, in 1858, 18 years
before Edison began work on incandescent lighting. Those were serial, not
parallel. Edison invented lights that could be wired in parallel. He solved
the so-called "subdivision problem." And many other problems such as long
life, metering, power generation and so on.

> . The financier also owned the first business lit with incandescent bulbs
> . . .

That is incorrect. Edison wired the whole lower section of the Manhattan,
not just one business. He wired the New York Times and other buildings.

> The moral to the Edison story: when Edison bucked the powers that be, he
> was crushed.

He was not crushed. He wanted the cash to work on magnetic ore separation.
Edison was "the powers that be" by that time.