On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM, John Franks <jf27...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Perhaps sufficient screening can bring nucleons within 10s of fermis of
> one another.

In my own case I'm not thinking of hydrinos.  I'm thinking of brief but
sharp transients in the electronic structure of the host metal that
intervene between two fusion precursors.  This is only mentioned as one
example; no doubt trained, disciplined imagination and focus can provide
some other possibilities for obtaining screening.  I doubt screening is the
only promising idea.  As I said, there seems to be a lack of imagination.

Eric