I meant to say: LENR will be built into things like cars and space heaters,
BY the companies that manufacture these things.

I mean with in-house expertise, and in-house production lines. LENR will be
tightly integrated into the design of the machines. Not something you can
add-on from an outside vendor. No major car manufacturer would buy engines
from a vendor.

A HVAC company such as Carrier has more in-house expertise in designing a
heat pump than any outside vendor. If Exxon tries to set up a production
line churning out cold fusion cells, I cannot imagine who would want them.
They have to be in a particular form factor, with particular performance
characteristics to fit an application, similar to the power supplies,
blowers and the other components in a furnace. That is what Carrier knows
how to engineer and manufacture. The actual cold fusion component will be a
minor part of the furnace in any case.

If, in the future, cold fusion cells are made by outside vendors, that will
be because the cells have become a standardized commodity, like a
transformer. Something you order from a catalog that is available from six
different vendors meeting various industry standard specifications. A
business like that cannot replace Exxon Mobil's $44 billion profit made
last year. It will be a nickel and dime business, worth tens of millions at
best.

The only outsider vendor who makes money in cold fusion will be R&D
companies that hold patents. Patents do not last long. Exxon is not likely
to come up with a patent in cold fusion any more than they are in medical
research. They have no relevant expertise. Just having money will not buy
them expertise, because lots of other corporations have money too, and they
already have relevant manufacturing expertise.

A company like Intel is better positioned to make money in cold fusion than
Exxon will be. They know materials, and materials are the key to cold
fusion.