On Mar 2, 2014, at 8:07 AM, Bob Cook wrote:

> Ed--
>
> Your issue seems to be that various players in the LENR R&D field are not
> reliable with respect to the data they advertise, particularly with respect
> to magnetic fields.  You may be right.  However if you are, there are a lot
> of fakers regarding this one basic parameter.

Bob, no claim should be accepted unless it can be studied and evaluated. No
assumption should be made just because it fits with a favorite explanation.
This has nothing to do with reliability or being a faker, although some people
publish better data than others. People are easily fooled by what they see and
frequently publish what they truly believe, but the observations are sometimes
wrong. That is why peer review is valuable.

> P&F did not discuss magnetic fields, however, anyone with basic knowledge of
> how an electric coil (obvious in the P&F experimental set up) creates a
> magnetic field with the passage of current, can accurately deduce the
> resulting magnetic field, including the field within the Pd electrode, given
> the magnetic properties of Pd.

Small magnetic fields are easy to create and are everywhere these days. They
obviously do not initiate nuclear reactions. Of course, if the field can be
made intense enough, a nuclear reaction might be initiated under very special
conditions.  However, so far no evidence shows that LENR requires a magnetic
field or creates one when it is working.

> A question begs an answer.  With you long-term, extensive exposure to the
> field who do you consider are the experimental truth tellers who do NOT avoid
> revealing measured parameters in their experiments so as to highlight
> mechanisms that are key to understanding LENR.

The only thing that can be trusted are a series of observations by different
people that show the same behavior or patterns. In other words, the
observations must be replicated.

> In other words, who are the reliable scientists and technologists.

I could give a list, but this would be useless because everyone has reported
incorrect data on occasion.  The only solution is to compare what is reported.
I did this in my first book and will continue the approach in the second one.
This is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. Only certain pieces fit together
and when enough pieces are assembled, the picture can be identified. No single
piece gives this information.

Ed Storms