Keep in mind that "Rydberg matter" does not normally describe "shrunken"
hydrogen.  Shrunken hydrogen has its electron in a reduced orbital at an
energy state below the normally accepted ground state.  This has been
variously described as "inverse Rydberg" and "fractional Rydberg" or
"hydrino" (Mills) states that are all below ground level.  Mills describes
multiple fractional states below ground level.  There is an older reference
to a Deep Dirac Level or DDL that is also a shrunken hydrogen.

Most normal hydrogen states, including the normal (non-fractional) Rydberg
states are entered and departed via emission/absorbtion of a photon of the
correct energy level.  Transitions to fractional Rydberg states (below
normal ground level) can only achieved by evanescent coupling
(non-radiative) to the atom according to Mills.  Incontrovertible evidence
for the fractional states has never been provided, though Mills makes a
pretty good case.  It may turn out that LENR could prove the existence of
these fractional states.

I will leave it to the more skilled theorists to say whether the shrunken
states (fractional Rydberg) of hydrogen are implicated in LENR - but to me,
the possibility does seem compelling.  In Dr. Storms' theory, when his
hydroton is formed in the NAE (crack), he describes the hydroton as
removing the energy in the hydrogen atom before it fuses such that there is
little energy remaining to be released when the fusion occurs.  One way to
successively remove the energy in such a hydroton configuration may be the
progressive conversion to an ever more fractional state, and when Mills'
minimum size of 1/137 is reached, fusion occurs.  The hydroton
configuration could provide the evanescent coupling needed to take the H to
fractional levels.

Bob Higgins