The magnetic fields in the nucleus may be more than 800 times the field strength for EM spin coupling we know about. The energy would be comparable, since the energy of a rotating magnetic moment I believe is proportional to the strength of the field.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Blanton" <hohlr...@gmail.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Nuclear isomer

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Can you find anything in the literature that would indicate the very high
levels of energy transfer via spin coupling which would be necessary? That
would be a good start. After all, we are talking about nuclear spin
coupling, which is presumably 500-800 times lower in intensity than EM spin
coupling, based on the same geometry.

Ah, but can you assume the same environment in the presence of the strong force?