Hi,
[snip]
>Hi Robin,
>
>Sounds more like Randell Mills than Storms ... and now that you mention it,
>I remember being surprised to hear this from Ed at the time - since it
>raises more questions than it answers. The HUGE unsolved problem is that
>with deuterium as the active gas, two deuterons cannot shed anywhere close
>to enough mass-energy to eliminate gammas, at least not without reducing
>their own nuclear mass significantly.

I agree, however I think the claim was that they do lose a significant portion
of their own mass, though I'm not at all clear on how that is supposed to
happen.

>The two electrons - even if completely converted to photons - are deficient
>in mass energy -

I don't think Ed was necessarily claiming that the method of energy loss was
through conversion of electron mass. In fact I didn't notice any explanation at
all. I do know that he thinks there is an electron capture reaction followed by
a beta-decay, which I think is only possible if the electron capture reaction
happens first outside the nucleus, à la WL, but Ed doesn't agree. He seems to
think it happens inside the nucleus. I can't see why two opposite beta decay
reactions would follow one another.

>reducing the ~24 MeV known to occur in deuteron fusion by
>only a few MeV (3 MeV if one e- remains to catalyze the fusion).

Not sure where you get the 3 MeV from. BTW one would need to remove at least
4.033 MeV worth of mass from the participants in the reaction beforehand in
order to prohibit the D+D -> T + p reaction. (Words chosen carefully.)

>In short,
>the deuterium fusion, if there is any via QM time reversal, needs to be
>prompted by a massively larger "zone of depletion" - and not from simply the
>two atoms.
>
>Now it gets interesting if one wants to stick to the two-atom-only
>explanation. If some portion deuteron mass can be physically converted to
>energy, say up to 11 MeV via UV/x-ray photon release - even in principle-
>then there is no reason to proceed all the way to fusion to see spectacular
>gain. Any gain prior to fusion should show up easily as an extremely intense
>light source.

....unless the two are inextricably linked. I.e.

no mass loss => no fusion
no fusion => no mass loss.

They would both need to be part and parcel of the same reaction.
[snip]

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk