>From Terry:

> As would we all.  I fear however that subjecting photovoltaic cells to

> extreme pulsed energy compared to solar constancy will shorten their

> lifetime immensely.  Considering the energy cost of manufacturing

> these cells, they are hardly cost effective over time without

> subsidies in their normal use.

I'm not so sure about that. Keep in mind that the cost of energy (electricity)
itself would presumably plummet, becoming essentially a disposable resource.
This factor in itself (presuming that BLP's latest experimental data is
accurate) ought to help make the mass-production of PV cells vastly far more
cost effective than current techniques.

It is also my understanding that concentrated sunlight gathered by parabolic
mirrors have already been used to collect energy for high energy PV cells. I
gather these configurations don't have a problem withstanding the intensities
involved. It is my understanding that the intensity of 2000 BLP reactions
per-second would not be all that different than what a triple junction PV cell
designed for concentrated sunlight would need to withstand. At present, I'm
inclined to be less pessimistic about this legitimate concern.

Numerous stress tests are obviously in store.

Personally, I think we are clever monkeys. We'll find a way.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.orionworks.com

zazzle.com/orionworks