as far as I understand for naive people, the thermodynamic law assume all
particles are acting randomly like in a liquid, or a hot latice...

however if there is an insulated environment where particles can act in a
coherent way, then they each coherent/intricated group considered as one
particle in the statistical meaning...

imagine 1000 people dancing squaredance  precisely inside a hardrock
concert at top POGO "energy" ? the square won't last long.
Now imagine them packed inside  a quiet hall with few doors only.

the idea of a 1D quantum object is interesting, as each hydroton is like a
"big atom" (quantum object made of smaller coupled parts) with many
particles orbiting (not in circle, but having coupled trajectory)...

probably there is alternative possibilities having similar properties :
localized quantum object made of many nucleus and electrons...
1D,2D,0D,1.xD, 2.xD ?

WL is not far but I imagine that what makes Ed reject the idea is that the
coherent patch of proton and electrons are at the surface, with huge
interference of the chemical random system which de-intricate any quantum
object...

the NAE for Ed must be something like a Schrodinger cat (like the recently
Schrodinger kitten observed in very isolated cavities)... insulated from
random bombardment, just excited at limited energy level.