They don't disagree on the experimental result but on the reality.
some think that cold fusion is impossible, so experimental result are bad.
point. this is the Huizenga Doctrine.

the history of cold fusion make it clear that NO EVIDENCE IS ACCEPTABLE!
when you have 153 peer reviewed papers, measurement above 50 sigma,
thousands time the background for tritium, no existing critica paper that
critical review (I don't count Nature and Science review as meaningful,
they are true deniers), when the opponents are caught defrauding, cherry
picking, doing bad calorimetry and are not vilified, there is no science...

to be clear waiting for such people to admit reality is like waiting for
the pope to admit Jesus did not resurrect.

they will NEVER NEVER NEVER admit reality.

forget what people told about scientists, it is fairy tales for students.
It is a very human job, that is conducted by stubborn people who
desperately believe in their ideas... some have the capacity to admit
errors because they are stubborn on others details, like on experimental
protocol... Kuhn explains well the power of sticking to a paradigm as the
way to explore it up to the limits.

I don't think the comment reported by Franck is about peer reviewers
opposing the paper. I think that people arround the papers, who did not
read it thoroughly with a participant beside their shoulder, with some
checking done by themselves (probably they re tested), are simply
concluding that the test is bad because it is positive, following the
Huizenga Doctrine.

the Taubes Doctrine is that anything proving LENR that is not covered by
Huizenga Doctrine (cannot be an error), is a fraud, and that thus no
evidence is required, and defrauding the evidence is just science
vulgarization.

anyway who cares, businessmen are ready