The three phase connection is not too surprising if we assume that many more of
these units are to be mounted in a complete system.  It would be extra work for
Rossi to construct a new device using only one phase for the scientists to
measure.  I give him a pass on this point.

In the past I have dedicated a great deal of effort toward proving that the
input power can be calculated by only considering the fundamental component of
the input current.   Power from a sinewave source can only be extracted by the
current that is flowing at the same frequency as the source voltage.  You can
look this up in text books if you are curious.  Briefly, power delivered from a
sine wave source is determined by taking the product of the RMS voltage at that
frequency and multiplying it by the RMS current at the same frequency while
taking the phase difference into account.  Any DC or harmonic currents entering
the device due to internal effects are not able to change that calculation
except for how they might enter into changing the current at the fundamental.

I have made spice models of the current problem that you are mentioning and
proved that this assertion is accurate.  Remember that the same issue arose
after the last test.

Every indication is that the input power was measured accurately.

It may not be quite as simple as some believe to achieve stable power control
for the CATs.  My simulation indicates that the COP changes throughout the
input and hence output power range.  The incremental COP is at a maximum below
the power at which the overall COP reaches it peak.  And, to complicate
matters, the overall COP actually falls once the peak level is exceeded.  This
can be viewed as a type of negative resistance region.  I am still reviewing
the model to better understand the implications.

Dave