On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:27:52PM +0100, res wrote:

> I would say neither is right. "Mouse enter" and "gain focus" are two
> distinct events, and a mouse enter generally does not cause a focus
> change. Example: focus has an edit field, you want to type something.
> For some reason, the mouse gets moved over the WXGL view... would you
> want the WXGL view to take the focus? Probably not.

Well, Windows is click-to-focus, whereas X is typically
focus-follow-mouse, so I would say that it is a matter of taste.  But
you're right, another approach to this would be to catch the first
mouse click event and make sure it takes focus in that case.

However, in either case, having CS broadcast an event claiming to have
focus when it doesn't is wrong ;-)

[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]
[ VOS: Next Generation Internet Communication][ http://interreality.org ]
[ http://interreality.org/~tetron ][ pgpkey:  pgpkeys.mit.edu  18C21DF7 ]