So Ken, did you get a chance to make this change, and if so did it fix
Ter'Angreal for you?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 04:40:03PM -0700, Ken Taylor wrote:
> Peter Amstutz wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:27:52PM +0100, res wrote:
> > >
> > > I would say neither is right. "Mouse enter" and "gain focus" are two
> > > distinct events, and a mouse enter generally does not cause a focus
> > > change. Example: focus has an edit field, you want to type something.
> > > For some reason, the mouse gets moved over the WXGL view... would you
> > > want the WXGL view to take the focus? Probably not.
> >
> > Well, Windows is click-to-focus, whereas X is typically
> > focus-follow-mouse, so I would say that it is a matter of taste.  But
> > you're right, another approach to this would be to catch the first
> > mouse click event and make sure it takes focus in that case.
>
> I'm beginning to think that maybe the best idea is just to let the
> application decide what to do about focus. Document somewhere that in order
> to ensure that wxglCanvas to get keyboard events, you have to make sure to
> set focus to it. Or have it be a parameter to the class constructor
> (grabFocusOnEntry or something). It's not immediately intuitive that waiving
> your mouse over the 3d image on your screen is going to steal the cursor
> away from some important text box you're typing in, especially to windows
> users :)
>

> > However, in either case, having CS broadcast an event claiming to have
> > focus when it doesn't is wrong ;-)
> >

> Yes, this is true!
>
> -Ken

[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]
[ VOS: Next Generation Internet Communication][ http://interreality.org ]
[ http://interreality.org/~tetron ][ pgpkey:  pgpkeys.mit.edu  18C21DF7 ]