len

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Peter Amstutz

Well, I guess you proved Reed's point by misinterpreting the analogy...
The point isn't really about XML per se, it's that the acceptance of XML
has created an ecosystem of tools that operate on generic XML, which
means applications using XML can leverage those tools.  We're proposing
something similar in spirit, that a flexible runtime system can support
the development of an ecosystem of applications that work together and
are more powerful than the sum of their parts.

Otherwise I agree, documents are not code, and there's an ocean of
difference between the essentially context-free, declarative nature of
documents and the essentially stateful, imperative nature of code.