> Dear Christoph,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions and I am sorry for the late reply: I was
> travelling last two weeks and were not able to try your suggestions.
>
> When running strings -a /path/to/libboost_program_options.so | grep GCC, I
> got:
> GCC_3.0
> GCC: (GNU) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-11)
> GCC: (GNU) 6.1.0
> _Unwind_Resume@@GCC_3.0
> Does this means my boost is not installed by gcc-6.1? I don't why it shows
> several versions of gcc. Even when I compile the boost with  ./bootstrap.sh
> --with-toolset=gcc,  ./b2 --toolset=gcc-6.1.0, I got the same information.
It seems like it is build with gcc-6.1, I guess.

> Also, you recommended me to install boost in another directory, but in this
> case, votca can not find the boost package even when I specified the path of
> boost header files and libraries as I mention before. Do you have any ideas
> on why this happens?
It depends on your cmake version how to override the Boost search
path, look for the documentation in the FindBoost.cmake coming with
your cmake installation.
The latest version uses BOOSTROOT or BOOST_ROOT:
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Modules/FindBoost.cmake#L42>
I am not 100% sure if these are cmake variables or just environment variables.

As an alternative you could use CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH as well!

> The spack option has also been tried, while I also did not success to
> install votca-csg. The corresponding on screen information and log files are
> attached. Besides, it seems votca-ctp is not involved in spack (I tried to
> append votca-ctp after the commend but it says it can not find the votca-ctp
> package), while this is actually the one I needed.
I can add votca-ctp to spack as well if needed.
Any how you got hit by <https://github.com/votca/csg/issues/209> again:
To overcome this install the development version using spack:
$ spack install votca-csg@develop votca-tools@develop

Christoph

> Your further help is greatly appreciated.
> Best regards,
> Shiyun
>

> 在 2017年5月28日星期日 UTC+8上午5:24:27,Christoph Junghans写道:

>> > Dear Christoph,
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot for providing the solutions.
>> > For the first point of using the system gcc and boost: my system gcc
>> > (/usr/bin/gcc) version is 4.4.7 released in 2012, hence it is rather
>> > old.
>> > Also, I can not find (I don't know) where is the system boost header
>> > files
>> > although I can find the system boost library is in the /usr/lib64/ fold.
>> > Most importantly, as mentioned in my first post, when the boost paths
>> > are
>> > specified during the votca installation, it says can not find the
>> > required
>> > boost package. As a result, I haven't try this solution!
>> Yes, gcc-4.4.7 would also not support C++11, gcc-4.8 is the first one
>> supporting enough of it to compile VOTCA.
>> >
>> > The second method of using another boost version with the same gcc
>> > compiler
>> > as votca: I actually using the default gcc to compile both Boost and
>> > Votca
>> > (which gcc --> /usr/local/bin/gcc   gcc --version  --> gcc (GCC) 6.1.0).
>> > So
>> > I think the gcc used to compile both BOOST and votca is the same. Using
>> > the
>> > default gcc, I now installed the BOOST 1.62.0 version. However, the
>> > "undefined reference" error still appears. For gcc 6.1, I checked it
>> > support
>> > the c++11 standard.
>> Something seems broken here, if you are lucky
>> $ strings -a /path/to/libboost_program_options.so | grep GCC
>> will reveal to you, which gcc was used to compile boost.
>>
>> But I would try to recompile boost in another directory using gcc-6.1
>>
>> I recently added votca to spack, so you might have a chance to install
>> it that way:
>> <https://github.com/votca/csg/wiki/Installing#spack>
>>
>> Christoph
>> >
>> > For the third one: my system is Centos, it seems there is not votca
>> > install.
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> > Shiyun
>> >

>> > 在 2017年5月27日星期六 UTC+8上午12:22:32,Christoph Junghans写道:

>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Christoph Junghans
>> Web: http://www.compphys.de