Inline…

On 19 Oct 2016, at 08:20, Peter Mikus -X (pmikus - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at
Cisco) <pmi...@cisco.com<mailto:pmi...@cisco.com>> wrote:

Hello,

This is more about democracy/autocracy rather than mechanics of gerrit. I’ve
put -1 (with comments) in past and it was merged anyway by someone who put +2
☺. As contributors have no -2

This can be changed. We can allow “Change Owner” to do -2. It is few clicks in
gerrit admin interface.

Ed?

the only option is to respect voting and gently ask (by all available
communication channels) for explanation. By default each -1/-2 vote must have
explanation why is it there.

The drawback is that voting disappear by rebase so it is not solution as it can
be easily missed/removed.

This is not true for -2

That is why DO_NOT_MERGE or DRAFT makes more sense.

not really, as it obviously doesn’t help….

Peter Mikus
Engineer – Software
Cisco Systems Limited