Roger,

I had the exact same thing happen to me on the lower Duckabush.   Never thought I would see or hear anything like that again- wow!   What are the odds?  Maybe better run and get a lotto ticket.

Anyways.....  hit the south sound this morning with Paul Bucher and was having a great morning of fishing until my engine decide to putt out...  Must been really funny to watch two guys towing a boat along the beach after paddling backwards for 100 yards.

Still tons of small herring in Hale's Passage.  Didn't spot any amphipods however the birds are working the surface big time on the north side of Fox Island.  Caught two nice Silvers of roughly 14 inches and a whopping 9 inch herring (fair hooked to boot) on a small Clouser.

John
Small pods of Silvers working the eddy west of Pt Fosdick