Murdoch,

Right on the button. Was able to rat a jump from another hard drive as you suggested

To the others that provided info thanks to all.

Now just to replace the fan on the side panel and we will be back in business

Cheers

John

Murdoch Allen wrote:
on 5/10/03 1:07 AM, John hatch at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:


I live in Stirling

John

Murdoch Allen wrote:

on 5/10/03 12:13 AM, John hatch at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:



You need to talk me through this ONE. Where are the jumper settings? I
presume they tell the computer which is slave and which is master.

TYI

JOHN

Murdoch Allen wrote:


on 4/10/03 5:30 PM, John hatch at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:




I am setting up my 9600. I have two hard drives installed but can only
see one. I have swapped them around no joy. I can boot from either of
the HD if it is the only one in the computer. Any help would be
appreciated.

John


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


what are the jumper settings ?



where abbots do you live its not easy over phone or e-mail with out seeing
the hard drive as its been awhile since last I did one so I will have to dig
out the jumper setting guide for you.
if you live close by to me I can drop in and set them for you.



ok my home number is 94727412 give me a ring and we can try to go from there
I have put some pictures with the jumpers ringed to show you what they look
like
your e-mail said one is set at id 7 this is not allowed as the CPU is set at
id 7 the cd rom at 3 so 12456 is ok


------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------