On 28/01/2004, at 9:05 AM, Stephen Atherton wrote:

I agree with Rob that "Launch" is a great application.

I've been doing the Telstra cable thing for over 2 years with no fuss. Have 4 Macs, 1 PC all happily running via Airport at home. Their new unlimited pricing is OK and gets close to Optus offering. A recent customer satisfaction survey had Telstra down with the lowest customer satisfaction, but them's the breaks.

Check the following website which has a good Mac support section (Mac BigPond FAQs) and heaps of info.
http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

Cheers


Ditto with the sentiments about Launch! Telstra now also have their own MacOS X connect program, but Launch! is so superior to it they shouldn't have bothered - and just paid Jamie Curmie for his trouble.

I've also had Telstra cable for over 2 years and have no problems at all, either in MacOS 9 or X.


--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth,                                      ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia       Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
       Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.