<snip>
Nonetheless, I will never deal with Telstra again - their installation
service was bad and the only way I got a working 'net connection was to
<snip>
I have grave problems with Telstra - fistly for all the stuff like the non standard "pulse" crap and the hell desk operators who tell my users to reboot their Macs to OS 9 (as we know the new macs won't do this) - I spent 15 minute trying to explain to a call center lackey that they need to pass this information up the system while they tried to explain to me that the system simply didn't work with OS X and that I had to boot the users mac to system 9 (sigh)

land line rental fee's - what a crock. Yeh  right - sure it cost that much.

But the icing on the cake was when they sacked my nephew after 3 warnings about "turning up 15 minutes late for an install job"..... excuse me... I've had Telstra installers turn up 3 days late with out a so much as a "by you leave", apology or forewarning that they were going to be late and loosing 2 extra days of rec leave. Personally I doubt it was any coincidence the dismissal was just before they announced a big round of redundancies... get rid of (sack or what ever) as many as possible so you don't have to pay them out a redundancy payment?

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph#6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
"present day
             present time"
<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)