What is with IBM inability to make HD's i've heard so many stories about IBM drive failure its not funny.

So little recommendation... Stay away from Hitachi IBM drives :)

Personally I've had no problems with them.

IBM/Hitachi make a lot of drives, they had a bad run of Deskstar drives, but that's what happens when you manufacture a lot of things and there's an unspotted fault in the process... (of course, the question is, why wasn't it spotted earlier?)

If it weren't for IBM's R&D division it's likely that all hard drives would have smaller capacity.

The only drives I've had die recently were Maxtors.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the