Just to let the list know ...

I posted my problem on the Apple Discussion Forum and just received an
answer.  This fixed the problem.  So, if anyone is having this problem or
has it in the future, here is the solution kindly provided by Jeff Calebaugh

 This is a frequently reported problem. Hope Apple takes notice soon.

Move the file named "System.Keychain" in /Library/Keychains/ folder to your
desktop;
 Restart your computer. Your computer will generate a new System.Keychain.
 Run Keychain First Aid (Keychain Access>Window>Keychain First Aid)
 If that solves your problem, trash the keychain on your desktop.

Worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Jeff

Regards

Greg