Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for the reply Peter. I started panicking, as usual!!, but then I
realized that one of the two anti-viral apps was possibly telling me fibs.
Virex, when told to clean the virus, told me it could not do it beacause the
file does not exist!!!

I've just trashed Virex and will do same with Clax Xav.

Cheers,

Philippe C


-- 
I will smile at friend and foe alike and make every effort to
find, in him or her, a quality to praise, now that I realize the deepest
yearning of human nature is the craving to be appreciated.

Og Mandino
(1923-1996, American Motivational Author, Speaker)


on 20/8/07 8:50 AM, Peter Hinchliffe at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 
> On 19/08/2007, at 4:31 PM, J Philippe Chaperon wrote:
> 
>> Dear WAMUG'ers,
>> 
>> For some time now I have been getting a message from an old Virex
>> software I
>> have instlled saying that a file is infected with a virus 'New
>> Script.c'.
>> 

> 
> It's highly doubtful that this virus is doing anything at all.
> Remember that although there are no known viruses "in the wild" which
> affect Macs, this is not to say that you cannot download a virus. It
> just means that it won't do anything when you do. Try to identify and
> locate the file in question. From your description it reads as though
> the ClamXav database itself (or a copy of it) contains the virus. Not
> very clever for a virus detector to allow itself to get infected!
> 
> Personally, I'd just delete the ClamXav and forget about it. When the
> first true virus hit the Mac platform, we'll all hear about it once
> (and no currently installed virus remover will deal with it anyway).
> 
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>