Hi again everyone,

Many thanks to Ronni for the instructions and to David for proposing help to
remove Virex the proper way, and to Peter for his early advice.

I have followed Ronni's instructions and have uninstalled the two
problematic apps the correct way, this time!!

Boy! Am I happy I'm not running that 'other' operating system. I'd be
fromatting my drive and reinstalling everything I guess.

I'm now back into my usual stuff and not feeling too bad.

Good night and thanks again.

Philippe C


-- 
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
(1872-1970, British Philosopher, Mathematician, Essayist)



on 20/8/07 8:42 PM, Ronda Brown at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Philippe,
> 
> You need to uninstall both Virex & ClamXav, not just drag the
> applications to the trash.
> Go here & download the Engine Remover for ClamXav
> http://www.clamxav.com/index.php?page=FAQ#15
> 15. How do remove ClamXav and the associated engine?
> 
> First, you must download the Engine Remover. When you unzip it
> (making sure to use either OS X's built-in unzipper or the most
> recent Stuffit Expander or similar), double click
> clamavEngineREMOVER.command. This will open up the Terminal where
> you'll be asked to enter your Admin password. The rest takes care of
> itself.
> 
> Finally, drag the ClamXav application from wherever you installed it,
> to the trash.
> 
> To uninstall Virex go here & download the 'Virex uninstall command'
> 
> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20050304004522568
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Ronni
> 
> 
> On 20/08/2007, at 6:10 PM, J Philippe Chaperon wrote:
> 
>> Hi Everyone,
>> 
>> Many thanks for the reply Peter. I started panicking, as usual!!,
>> but then I
>> realized that one of the two anti-viral apps was possibly telling
>> me fibs.
>> Virex, when told to clean the virus, told me it could not do it
>> beacause the
>> file does not exist!!!
>> 
>> I've just trashed Virex and will do same with Clax Xav.
>> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>