What should I do with Console now it is on the Dock and logging new data
frequently?    This morning the Console log popped onto desktop at the same
time as the requested DiskUtility.log.    (Coincidence?)   Console shows a
steady count of 4000 messages so I assume the oldest entries are being
removed.   Recent messages mainly relate to the Growl application.

I never requested Growl but it recently self installed.   It appeared about
the time I installed DropBox.   Is the Growl app necessary or even useful?
The last couple of thousand entries show Growl attempting to do things
unsuccessfully over the last few days.   Notwithstanding glowing references,
a Google search for Growl information doesn't inspire me it is a must-have
tool.

Regards, Alan

Alan Smith

  iMac 21.5" Nov 2009

  Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz / 4 MB

  OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard

  Maxtor Basic 500GB USB HDD partitioned for Time Machine and Music