Thanks for the input. I ended up going back to the Telstra shop today where the iphone was purchased and they have confirmed it is faulty and will have to be returned for repairs. Bit unfortunate to buy a faulty phone, which is so unlike Apple.

Thanks again

Jewels

On 30/12/2009, at 4:22 PM, Paul van der Mey wrote:


Jewels

The iPhone does not show the contacts on the SIM card, they need to be imported.

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> scroll down to "Import SIM Contacts".

Then manage your contacts through Address Book & iTunes.

Thank you

Paul van der Mey
[email protected]
Mob. 0419 201 477




On 29/12/2009, at 9:49 PM, Julie Bedford wrote:


Happy New Year to you all.

I got an iphone last week. I was assured all my contacts had been transferred over to the new sim card ( had to upgrade to Next G card). When I turned the phone on when I got home, I was requested to put in the sim code, which was accepted. However. a few minutes later the phone said No Sim Card. That is the way it has acted since. I have to keep entering the sim code. Also no contacts were transferred over to the iphone. Wondering if there is a fault with the phone, or is it something I haven't performed which I should do?

Cheers
jewels



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>