On 29/12/2009, at 9:49 PM, Julie Bedford wrote:

> Happy New Year to you all.
>
> I got an iphone last week.  I was assured all my contacts had been
> transferred over to the new sim card ( had to upgrade to Next G card).  When
> I turned the phone on when I got home, I was requested to put in the sim
> code, which was accepted.  However. a few minutes later the phone said No Sim
> Card.  That is the way it has acted since.  I have to keep entering the sim
> code.  Also no contacts were transferred over to the iphone.  Wondering if
> there is a fault with the phone, or is it something I haven't performed which
> I should do?
>
> Cheers
> jewels

Happy New Year to you Julie,

If it is a faulty SIM card you will need to take it back to where you purchased
the iPhone & they will replace the SIM card.

But first you should check and make sure the SIM card is all the way in (at the
top centre of the phone).

Then if you are still having a problem.

1. Hold down the power switch at the top and the main selection button at the
bottom. After a few seconds a new screen should come up that allows for
shutdown should you slide the slider to the right. DO NOT SLIDE THE POWER OFF.
Keep holding the two buttons down.

2. Wait until the silver apple logo comes on the screen. At this point you may
release the two buttons.

3. Continue to wait while the iPhone reboots.

Once the iPhone finishes booting the "No Sim" message should be gone and you
should see bars again.

If this does not work a newSIM card or reactivation is required!

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)