Try this:
File: Export
Quicktime
Playback uses fixed timimg
select the time for each slide eg 5 secs
try "Enter Full screen mode when opening"

this will create a .mov file. (Quicktime movie)

Then open iDVD
File New
name it and Create
choose a theme
Project Info - Video Mode = PAL
View Menu - Show Map
Drag your movie from the desktop to the top window which says "Drag content here to Play automatically when disk inserted"

then Burn and try it out.

cheers
Blitto