Hi Peter

Where did you read that?

I would like to see what is going on before I decide what server to buy :0

Regards

Roger

On 08/11/2010, at 8:26 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

> 
> 
> On 07/11/2010, at 3:30 AM, Rob Davies wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Morning Again,
>> 
>> Ah Ha refreshed Apple store. Entry level is now at $3199, and memory $525.
>> 
>> On the side of discontinued, I think Apple could be moving towards mac 
>> mini-servers, as this is the market for there server release. Put a few in 
>> the network and they perform extraordinarily, and this would be sufficient 
>> for most design studios, offices, education institutions to support an OS X 
>> Lab or Two whom already have other backbones in place.
>> 
>> Besides this great effort of iPad and iPhone to actually connect to an 
>> Exchange server over there own in house server has many asking questions. 
>> Although this does raise eyebrows about Apples plans for Enterprise and 
>> further support within this realm for own devices considering uptake of said 
>> devices. Media companies could be scratching heads with FCP server and Xsan 
>> a small problem, hopefully SJ pulls Rabbit out of hat for these, although I 
>> think acceptance into other servers with software could be inevitable.
> 
> 
> Apple have recently partnered with Unisys, who have a wide range of servers, 
> all of which can apparently run Mac OS X Server, according to one source I 
> read on the weekend. Perhaps there is a grander scheme afoot here...
> 
> 
> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
> Perth, Western Australia
> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>