On 30/09/2011, at 9:06 AM, Lloyd White wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have an iPad 1 and Camera connection plug and cable. I am using two
> cameras, a Canon and a Nikon.
> When I connect either camera to the iPad a message comes up that the
> device is not supported. I rang the Apple supplier and was told to
> "dismiss" this message and carry on.
> In the photos application I see a blank box called Saved photos, but no
> photos are there. Just a black rectangle. Same with both cameras. None of
> the photos have been transferred.
>
> I have the latest software on the iPad. The Apple guy says that it "should
> work" but has no further suggestions.
>
> I am hoping the collective genii of wamug might have some ideas.

Hi Lloyd,

I’ve never received the message you have.
This is how it works:

1.  Connect a USB cable between the camera and the USB adapter.

2.  Unlock the iPad if it’s currently asleep, and plug the adapter into the
iPad’s dock connector.
After a few seconds, the Photos app launches, and a new Camera button appears
on the bar at the top of the screen.
Thumbnails of the available photos and video clips appear below.

3. Now, do one of the following:

*To copy all of the items to the iPad, tap the Import All button.

*To be more selective, tap the items you wish to import; a blue checkmark
symbol indicates the item is queued for import.
Once you’ve made your selections, tap the Import button; the app gives you one
last chance to import all items, or you can import just the selected ones.

4. After the transfer is complete, you’re asked if you want to delete the
imported items from the camera or keep them.
Tap the Keep button—it’s better to format memory cards within the camera
instead.

The photos and videos are found in two new albums:
'All Imported' and 'Last Import' (which shows just the most recent imported
images).

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.7 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)