On 19/02/2012, at 7:42 AM, Paul K wrote:

> How much data is involved?
> Have you put much thought into the IMAP route?

I don't real think IMAP is a consideration in this case (the client's ISP is
iinet, and therefore uses POP3), and we're really starting to crack walnuts
with sledgehammers at this point. All I'm trying to do is convert email files
from one format to another. It's a one-off problem requiring a simple, one-off
solution. I have the client's .eml files on a hard drive, I just want to
convert them to mbox format. There are plenty of software solutions out there.
The trouble is a lot of money can be spent going through the candidates, most
of which are dodgy-looking Windows programs, to find one that actually works
properly. The client just wants his email back...

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948