Hi Tim

I have found I can download the geoscience 250K series from "memory map"
directly to my iPad but as you know these are a bit dated and don't provide a
great deal of detail.  Hema maps are also available for direct download to iPad
using 'memory map' but at a price.
I have previously used OziExplorer but would like to use the iPad without
having to go through various conversions etc.
I notice that there are plenty of downloadable maps for USA and parts of Europe
but have had problems finding anything for Oz apart from the above.

Many thanks for your comments

Barry