On 06/06/2012, at 6:58 AM, Winters John wrote:

> Carlo,
>
> An even simpler way to get that list of file names (without delving into
> Terminal) is to open a Finder window, select all (or your preferred subset of
> the) files. Copy with command-C, then paste into your Pages (or other text
> capable) document.

This categorically does NOT work in Pages. I just tried it using a Finder
Window containing a list of 13 movie files. When I copied the list and pasted
into a new Pages document, I ended up with several pages of embedded movies.

What DOES work, though, is pasting into a new TextEdit window, providing you
first make sure that you change the format to plain text (Format > Make Plain
Text). If left as Rich Text, the result is again a document full of embedded
movies (after a L O N G wait!). It should also work in any other text editor
that is plain text only, such as BBEdit, Text Wrangler, Espresso, etc.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948