Carlo's original posting was in relation to a query I mentioned at last night's
Wamug meeting, which related to copy and pasting a list of applications from
the Applications Folder into a Numbers spreadsheet.

The problem I was having was that I could successfully paste the list into an
Excel spreadsheet, but when I pasted the same list into a Numbers spreadsheet
the list of applications would be repeated up to 4 times in the Numbers
spreadsheet.
Both Numbers and Excel successfully convert the copied and pasted list of apps
into text, but only Numbers erroneously duplicates the list.

It is easy enough to delete the 3 unwanted copies of the list from the
spreadsheet, but I was wondering why this unusual behaviour is happening in
Numbers?

OS X 10.7.4
Numbers '09 V2.1
Excel for Mac 2011 V14.2.2

At the meeting, Carlo showed how to create a text list of applications from the
Applications Folder using Terminal (the instructions that Carlo posted to the
Wamug site last night).

Cheers
Jane