Hi Peter

It may not work for a list of movie files but you can copy and paste a list of
applications from the Applications folder into Pages.
However, as with Numbers, the list is replicated numerous time in Pages,
whereas it is correctly pasted only once in an MS Word document.

It seems the multiple pasting behaviour occurs throughout the iWork suite (yes
I just tried it in Keynote and Powerpoint as well!) but M$ Office seems to
handle the pasting correctly.

Perhaps it's just one of iWork's little mysteries!

Cheers
Jane